Here are the top things that every individual need to avoid at all costs during the night time, especially if you are one of those people who suffer from a lack of sleep.
- Stop consuming fluids a short while before you plan on going to bed. If you are consuming any beverage 1 – 2 hours prior to sleeping, you will most definitely need to wake up 2 or maybe even 3 times during the night to visit the bathroom.
- Completely avoid a habit or pattern of going to sleep at just any time of the day. Make a routine that is achievable and reliable to attain a complete sleep. This is important so that the brain is ready to take on the next day.
- Keep all electronic devices away from the bed before you lie down to sleep. In the case that you will simply keep scrolling through Instagram or Facebook posts, then the brightness of the cell phone or laptop screen along with the stimulation from the posts will disturb the rest period and sleep cycle.
- If you have a habit of reading before bed, then you should either try to avoid such a habit too close to the time you intend to sleep or push back the habit so that you are done with reading before your bed time. Refrain from bringing a book into your bed.
- Avoid using any bright alarm clocks. It is very likely that it will fortify your brain against sleep. You can choose any nondigital clock or one with dim numbers or a dimmer switch.
- A cheap mattress may seem like a bargain, but the price difference will be the difference between a good night’s sleep and no sleep at all. So, go ahead and invest in a mattress.
- Have your meal at least 2 hours prior to heading to bed. If you will try and sleep on a full stomach, your body can keep you awake for the digestion process to be completed.
- All forms of exercise can make you feel lively and fresh. Hence it is better that you stop all exercising at least 2 hours prior to going to bed.
- If your feet are cold, it is highly likely that it will be difficult for you to sleep with cold feet. Try using socks or a padded comforter. Be conscious of the night time and your sleep as it is very important to your physical and mental health. Keep a schedule and follow it.
- Caffeine will fortify your body and mind to feel fresh and wide awake. Personally, I only consume high-caffeine drinks while there is still light outside. Prepare a pre-bed routine like washing your face and brushing your feet, which will prepare your body for sleep time. Do not drink any beverage containing caffeine, at least 4 hours prior to going to bed.
Health Issues in Saudi Arabia
- Less than 6 Hours and more than 9 Hours daily sleep may cause early death
- 10 Benefits of Sleeping without or minimal clothes
- Is it better to sleep without a pillow or with a pillow?
- 6 Benefits of having Feet Massage before going to Sleep
- Women need to sleep more than Men - Science Proves